Jump to Navigation

Los Angeles Spouse and Fiance Visa Attorney

When you are bringing your foreign national fiancé/fiancée to the United States, it is critical to keep his or her immigration record immaculate. At the California law firm of Nelson & Associates, we are devoted to providing clients with the quality immigration law services necessary to obtain and preserve a flawless immigration record.

Immigration Solutions As Unique as You
Contact Nelson & Associates

When you plan to bring a foreign national to the United States with plans to marry, you must first petition for a K-1 fiancé visa before your fiancé can lawfully enter the U.S. Once the fiancé visa petition is approved, the foreign national may enter the U.S. and petition for a temporary work visa. However, fiancé visas are only valid for 90 days upon issuance. If the marriage has not taken place prior to the expiration of the fiancé visa, the foreign national must leave the country or risk facing deportation/removal proceedings. The following temporary visas are available to fiancés and spouses of U.S. citizens and to children of such applicants:

  • K-1 Visas for Fiancés: Temporary K-1 fiancé visas/fiancée visas are available for foreign nationals who are not already legal permanent residents and are engaged to marry a U.S. citizen within 90 days of the fiancé entering the United States.
  • K-2 Visas for Children: Temporary K-2 visas are available for unmarried minor children of K-1 applicants.
  • K-3 Visas for Spouses: Temporary K-3 visas accommodate the processing period between a K-1 fiancé visa holder's marriage to a U.S. citizen and the processing of his or her green card.
  • K-4 Visas for Children:Minor children of K-3 applicants can obtain a temporary K-4 visa during the processing period of the parent's green card.

A K-1 visa petition may not be necessary in all situations. If the marriage occurs outside of the United States, or if the foreign national is already residing in the U.S. as a legal permanent resident (green card holder), the process can be expedited. Once the marriage has taken place, we can guide clients through the process of pursuing a spouse visa and, ultimately, through the citizenship and naturalization process.

Personal Service • Experience • Compassion

The immigration lawyers at Nelson & Associates can help you avoid the pitfalls that many people endure throughout the visa application process. We understand that the quality of our legal service can directly impact your family. We use our extensive experience to work to ensure that all requirements are complied with and advise you on steps to take to remain compliant until your new spouse and family have become citizens.

Contact Us

We return all calls within 24 hours and offer legal counsel in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Filipino. We will keep lines of communication open with you and your family throughout the process. Contact us

Contact The Firm

Pasadena Office
301. E.Colorado Blvd., Suite 325
Pasadena, CA 91101
Phone: 626-683-3451
Toll Free: 877-466-4452
Fax: 626-683-1151
Map and Directions

El Monte Office
9660 Flair Drive, Suite 418
El Monte, CA 91731
Phone: 626-683-3451
Toll Free: 877-IMMIGLAW
Fax: 626-350-9797
Map and Directions